BRP (TSX: DOO) presented the new Rotax 125 MAX evo kart engine series, a major evolution in karting, during the Rotax MAX Challenge Grand Finals (RMCGF) in Valencia, Spain.
With its advanced engine technology, the new Rotax 125 MAX evo engine series is an evolution of the existing Rotax MAX series that are well-known for high reliability and great value.
“To fulfil our customer’s needs, we optimized the performance characteristics of the engine. The result is that due to equal opportunities the competition will be closer and the driver will have more fun on the track,” said Thomas Uhr, vice-president BRP-Powertrain and general manager BRP-Powertrain GmbH & Co KG.
Ease of use and equal opportunity for all drivers characterise the new generation – the Rotax 125 MAX evo engine series. It combines the proven Rotax evolution concept and the latest technology in karting.
“In a nutshell, the advanced engine technology, specially defined for the new engine generation impresses by its ease of use, improved durability resulting in lower operating costs and less maintenance. But most importantly, the driver’s ultimate benefit is to spend more time on the track,” recapped Uhr. “I’m confident that the Rotax 125 MAX evo engine series will make your heart beat faster.”
The first generation of the Rotax MAX engine was launched in 1997. Since then, a broad spectrum of hp versions for different ages and racing experiences has been added. Upgrade kits to retrofit existing Rotax 125 MAX engines will be available at your kart dealer in December 2014.
BRP’s Rotax 125 MAX evo engine series combines the proven Rotax MAX engines evolution concept and the latest technology in karting.
With its advanced engine technology, the new engine series is easy to use, offers equal opportunities for all drivers and lower operating costs due to its improved durability. Thanks to its optimized performance characteristics and ease of use, you will have more fun on the track.
- New carburetor – offers a significantly improved throttle response and reduces the need to re-adjust the calibration at changing conditions:
- Electronic box – with new ignition timing for different engine specifications results in optimized engine characteristics.
- Electronic timed exhaust valve – with exact timing. Two different switch points can be selected to allow an adaptation to individual driving preferences.
- New battery holder unit – with integrated combined switch (OFF/ON/START) – less complex installation at the chassis and easy to operate.
- New exhaust system – with split tuned pipe and silencer offers lower weight, reduced noise emissions and improved durability.
- New con rod – advanced hardening process allows improved lubrication
- The changed profile of the piston allows a shorter break-in time and still provides a reduced wear rate.
For more information, visit www.rotax-kart.com.