We finally have some information to the questions many have been asking in regards to the 2017 Canadian Rotax Max season.
SRA Karting and MaxChallenge.ca have confirmed the following details on their website this morning:
- The ages will change for the Rotax Junior category have been adjusted, with drivers who are 12 years old now allowed in the category.
- The Rotax Mini-Max class will utilize the 950mm chassis. This is a first time for Canada, however it follows the international standard.
- Canada will introduce the MAX ONE Tire by VEGA for three categories: Rotax Senior, Rotax DD2 and Rotax DD2 Masters
- To ensure Canada will still send qualified drivers to the Rotax Grand Finals, Rotax Micro-Max, Mini-Max and Junior will utilize the MOJO D2 tire.
- More information about the new cylinder for Micro/Mini/Junior will come at a further time
To read the official announcement from SRA Karting, visit maxchallenge.ca